Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve, Fa-la-la-la-la

It's Christmas!

"And God sent his only begotten Son," 4X6 watercolor
Since tomorrow morning is Christmas Morning and there will be Christmassy activities, I thought I'd get this off to you now!

Bless all of you on this special day when we honor the birth of Jesus, the Christ. He may or may not have actually been born on this day, but I don't think that's the point. We picked this day to remember and reaffirm the Christ in our hearts. That's Love multiplied in our lives, our reason for being here, to express that Love and live it.

Have a very Merry Christmas as part of the family of Man, and enjoy the day! We all be thinking of you, here and everywhere! There is no divide that can separate us, Love is instant in our hearts.

Art note: I think next time I'll set up La Nacimiento and paint from it directly! No guessing about shadows and shapes. This one is out of my imagination, or "out of my head" as one teacher used to call it. That was too ambivalent a phrase.
Hey, it's not raining today!
Love to all, every one!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dianne:) Lalala it's Christmas!!! Beautiful words you have spoken! Your watercolors are so beautiful, they both are! And hey: it stopped raining over here too:) Do you know already what to wear?
    I wish you lovely Christmas days! Big hug:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis très admirative devant vos oeuvres... Continuez de nous enchanter...

    Je vous souhaite un très joyeux noël à vous et tous les vôtres ainsi qu'une heureuse année 2013.

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete