Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Learning curve,

Kayaks on the Charles River, Summer
This is an "oops" post. A friend did a comment and let me know it didn't show up. There have been some changes to Blogspot, and I encountered them yesterday when I thought I was doing a new post. Well, it's gone where ever good posts go when they pass over.
I was actually trying to figure out how to add to the other page of this blog, the Period Needlework page. All I could do was edit what was there. I added some "WIP" pictures at the bottom of a lace Pelerine I made this winter.
Well, It's Summer now. Technically. We had TWO hot days for the last days of Spring, then it dropped to the 60's the 1st day of Summer. It felt like this:
Paine Massif, Patagonia
Of course, I just made the change over to the A/C. There is no going back. I have a new thermostat I am about to install which will remedy that , and other problems. Thanks Bob and Sheila!

It's time to paint the top photo. I took it from the dining room in the Marriot in Newton, MA. A lovely place to stay.

San Mateo Coast, Fog Bank and Fishing boats.
Maybe it's time to paint this one. It was an amazing day on the northern California Coast!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dianna:) I'm happy I can read your posts again:) I see 2 beautiful photo's and a beautiful painting! I think we all have a love/hate relation with Blogger. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for alerting me to the problem! I hadn't noticed the post wasn't up.

      Delete