Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Friday, February 3, 2012

Ah, February

It seems that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. But I've got plein air dates set! Oh, Phil, how could you?
So, this means more studio painting. "I'm not bovvered." I need to keep working on the Paine Massif. In the meantime, while puttering at the dinning table last night (when I have a perfectly good studio) I found myself doing the Rookie Painter challenge.
Watercolor, 6X8 Rookie Painter
I had dropped my Van Hogh (yes, that's the way it's spelled on the case) pocket size watercolor plein air set with the small block on the table for some reason. A larger brush than size two would have been my choice, though, for the background my finger helped spread the wash. Watercolor takes frequent practice to keep your hand in, and I have been neglecting it. There is still something so immediate about it though. I often visit the blog page of David Lobenberg, a very experienced artist who is currently doing a lot of watercolor. There is a link in my list of blogs. There you will really see some watercolor. Check out some of the others too, like Contemporary Realism and any with the word "watercolor" or "Aquarelle" in the title and you can see some exciting art.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne. Was Phil only talking for the USA or for us in the Netherlands too? Since he showed himself we have had lots of snow!
    Your painting is lovely. Great work!

    ReplyDelete