Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

If at 1st you don't succeed...

try, try, again. Sigh.

Aspen glade, 6X8 watercolor
The first time I tried this one, the aspens turned into some other deciduous tree with dark bark. This time I remembered to use some masque. This time it's not snowing, too much was going on for to me to keep track. Still life has been my main thing for a long time and a friend advised me to try landscape and portraiture too, it would help all phases of my work. It's true. Have something you do mainly, that's fine, but keep trying other things, what you learn will make all you do better.  Just don't get discouraged during the learning curve. Sometimes I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dianne:) I must say I like both paintings. I was very fond of the dark trees in your first painting but now I see the lighter trees, they are beautiful too. In the first painting I liked the shadows very much but now I see the second painting I like the puple/grey shadows so much. Hmmm life is difficult sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete