Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Paper Work

I spent today, well, too much of it, doing the paperwork part of business. It was necessary, and the results are encouraging. However, for art I spent a long time on another sort of paperwork. The results of that have to wait, it's from some one else's photo, I've asked the photographer's permission to post it.
So for today I thought something old (last year) that I haven't posted before, and it's on PAPER!
Veggie Puzzle
This is a 12X16 watercolor of a jigsaw puzzle I used to have around here. I'm not sure if it's still around, but I loved the picture. After it was assembled. I cropped the other half of the gate, I wanted the focus on the veggies. Hmm, the low wall on the left looks odd in the photo. Not sure what happened with that. Funny how they can look different when you take a picture or scan of them. What took the longest? The gate? No. The squash? No. The radish leaves. They have been, well, you know the old saying, "try, try, again?" Well, my mom used to add,"then stop, don't make a fool of yourself." It's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment