Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Monday, July 25, 2011

Two New Gallery Shows

Zoe

Bounty Basket
 These are pictures I've posted before but, although I didn't take very good photos of them (sorry, working on that), they are the ones in two shows in which I am participating at two local galleries: Green Shutters and Sun Gallery in Hayward, CA. Zoe (8X10) and Bounty Basket (12X16) are oils. The
Salmon Lily
Persimmon and Lac
 others are all acrylic. The lily is 9X12 and the Persimmon is 11X14, the others are 8X10. Here are the apologies: the squash picture as seen here is unfinished, I've fixed the shadow, really I have! And, the apple here is the watercolor version.
Autumn Squash
Autumn Apple
I just discovered I haven't photographed the acrylic version. Bummer. It has a warm brown background, less wishy-washy, definitely more contrast, lighter on the left and deeper on the right.
All these pictures finally got frames and the hanging hardware on them. Just in time to go into two new shows. It's been months, well, last year was the last time I entered a show. I've been try to build up a body of work so there is something to go when there is an opportunity. And the fact that much time is spent painting because I can't stop.
After all the prep work and delivering pictures and paperwork, today I have to do the mundane things. It's cloudy(foggy) so the yardwork gets done first.
Then I've got this great idea for a still life of some of my Indian pots and maybe a textile! Hmmm, let's see, if I drape it this way and the terracotta one from Grandma sits here, and the bowl... OOOPs, I have to prune the roses, no getting out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the adorable puppy...I've done white dogs and it is not easy, so cheers to you for this successful attempt. And, how many years did it take you to paint that lace doily!!! Wow, I am so impressed. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, the puppy was fun, but had to be a photo, they don't sit still. On the lace, well that took a few restarts and do-overs, believe me. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete