Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Eleventieth Day of Christmas...

StudioAtelier collections 5X7 watercolor
Please excuse the spelling, When starting to type the title I had a flash back to Bilbo Baggins birthday party in The Fellowship of the Ring. But,
It's the Eleventh Day and the Wise Men are almost there, following the star.
The painting is not in tune with the day specifically, but it was what was in front of me. As it appears on the page here, you can tell I'm basically right handed. There is a distinct list to the right because I wasn't paying attention. It shows up most clearly in vertical subjects.
Back to the drawing board. Well, that's what it's for, isn't it? The year is wide open for progress and improvement! And it looks like there's room for it.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice painting! I didn't expect it was possible to do this one in watercolor! Great job and a great story!

    ReplyDelete