Artists Statement

I paint as often and as much as I can. I take classes when I can afford it, but the money usually goes to buy more art supplies. This blog is to share the results with you! I am a Work in Progress.

Dianne Lanning Fine Art.com


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is it a Miss-adventure when you don't go anywhere?

It's been rainy, finally, here. Just before it was to start I got in the car and ran every errand of which I could think. Then the battery died, fortunately at home. I have been working on a largish canvas that is to the exasperation stage. Nothing is working. Well, somethings sometimes. Today after getting a jump start I found myself in the less-than-inspirational customer waiting area at the garage. I forgot my iPod, and my book, but I had my sketchbook! And a few pens. Hence:
Old Service Desk 6X7
Not colorful, but it was black and dark blue with smoked glass. At this rate I may join the Urban Sketchers. I've always enjoyed their results. There is a lot of it too because they are sketching around the world all the time. Amazing stuff. It's worth check it out. You'll have to Google them, I can't find the URL for a link right now.
Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the canvas on which I'm working in it's present state. Am I nuts? Probably. It's a landscape, and that's where I need the most work. The subject is the Paine Massif in Patagonia. I have a nephew that loves to climb rocks, so he sends pictures. Everything is rock and snow. Yet there is this one shot, AM or PM, but the sun lights it orange. Now if I can just capture the feeling of that! WOW. or not.

1 comment:

  1. J'apprécie toujours de visualiser les croquis pris sur le vif...
    Je vous souhaite une bonne peinture sur votre grand format.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete